Thursday, October 4, 2012

Wilderness Never Known




As we hide in our walls of stucco placed on grounds dug, moved, then shifted. Used for gravel, made into a homestead and traded for the lives of the native flora and fauna.

Our detachment from True Wilderness...

What can I say to anyone? I cannot argue with someone that is not of this planet.

The human species has taken all actions to believe they are not connected to the land, the soil. Homes, green lawns, air conditioning, heat, soft water...

But we are attached, and vitally so. The truth is the Earth is NOT a limitless resource and I feel so strongly to advocate this, yet in my duty to share my love for nature I never seem to get through. I see puzzled faces of individuals that are "educated" in Universities.

I fear so often, more each second, each day, each moment I allow myself to reflect on what a short time I have in existence... As I fear for the Earth to turn into the surface of the Moon (even if this is after I expire) I am heart broken. My anger is more often replaced with deep sorrow.

Can I?

Can 'we' show all the people populating this planet that it is important to put a plastic bottle in the recycling bin? Can we teach them what true wilderness is?

I fear with each day, and each conversation it is lost.

I'm so tired of all my useless desires.



But I will not stop advocating for what is the only religion; True Wilderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment